14 Valentine’s Day Deals (+ Date Ideas and Free Printables!)
January 9, 2019
There’s no better time to show your significant other, family and friends how much they meant to you than on Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re single or in a relationship, the love-centric holiday is all about spending quality time with your those dear to you.
While the day may be the perfect time to show your true feelings, spreading the love can get expensive. From chocolates and flowers to romantic dinners and gifts, V-Day has taken on a commercial aspect that can make it difficult to play cupid.
Luckily, expressing your love and saving money doesn’t have to be a challenge. There are plenty of fun and thoughtful ways you can show your loved ones what they mean to you without spending too much. From restaurants offering Valentine’s Day freebies and specials to cheap date ideas, this V-Day will make a big impression — but not on your wallet.
Read on to learn more about how to celebrate Valentine’s Day on a budget, or skip to our free printables for fun freebies you can use this V-Day! For another gift they’ll love on a budget, take advantage of these Edible Arrangement coupons.
14 Valentine’s Day Deals and Freebies
Celebrating Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. These restaurants have exclusive Valentine’s Day freebies and specials you can take advantage of to save and celebrate.
Auntie Anne’s: Each year, Auntie Anne’s offers a “Buy One, Get One” deal on heart-shaped pretzels for Valentine’s Day. Check their website around February 11th to download the coupon you’ll need to access the deal!
California Pizza Kitchen: Since 2017, California Pizza Kitchen has a “sweet deal” for two the week of Valentine’s Day, typically a prefixed menu including one appetizer, two entrees, and a dessert for $35. Last year, they added heart-shaped pizzas to the menu!
California Tortilla: California Tortilla gives Burrito Elito rewards members a free order of chips and queso each year on February 14th — make sure you sign up to become a member before midnight on the 13th to claim the offer.
Corner Bakery Café: Dine-in customers at this neighborhood bakery get a buy-one-get-one-free entreé deal when they order on Valentine’s Day.
Fogo de Chao: Dining at this Brazilian steakhouse on Valentine’s Day will earn you a card for a complimentary churrasco lunch or dinner of equal value on your next visit.
Jack in the Box: On February 14, you can get a free five-piece Mini Churros, slice of cheesecake or regular shake with any purchase made on their mobile app. If it’s your first time ordering through their app, you’ll save an additional 15%.
Qdoba: If you share a smooch with your partner, burrito, or picture of your celebrity crush, you can get a buy-one-get-one entrée during the Mexican restaurant’s “Qdoba for a Kiss” Valentine’s Day promotion.
Red Lobster: Share a bottle of Ava Grace with your Valentine on February 14, and receive special chocolates (while supplies last). You’ll need to dine in to qualify for this deal.
Schlotzky’s: If you want to add heat and spice to your Valentine’s Day, head to this restaurant for a free mini Louisiana-style hot sauce with any order. Supplies are limited, so you may want to make it an early meal.
Seasons 52: This grill and wine bar offers five special deals leading up to Valentine’s Day. On the first day, children under 12 get a free Mini Indulgence. The second deal is a glass of Loveblock pinot noir and order of flatbread for $15. The third deal is a mini bottle of Prosecco for $5. On the eve of Valentine’s Day, you can add endless Prosecco for $14.95 with the purchase of any entreé. Finally, if you get engaged on Valentine’s Day, you can enjoy a free champagne toast at your table every time you dine for a year!
Starbucks: If you’re a Starbucks Rewards member, you can get a buy-one-get free deal on grande or venti sized handcrafted espresso beverages. The company’s Cherry Mocha drink is available through Valentine’s Day.
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: After 2pm on Valentine’s Day, customers can get a free drink with any regular or large size beverage purchase.
Tony Roma’s Restaurant: The restaurant specializing in baby back ribs has a special “Better Half Valentine’s Special” offer and special menu each Valentine’s Day.
20 Cheap Valentine’s Day Date Ideas
Looking for a romantic way to celebrate Valentine’s Day without breaking the bank? Check out these cheap, fun ways to show your partner you care.
- Bake something sweet together: Baking a sweet treat for your sweetheart is a fun, inexpensive way to spend quality time together while saving money.
- Explore the city and eat at a food truck: If a fancy dinner isn’t in your budget, there’s nothing wrong with going to a local food truck and exploring the city with your significant other. Check out local food trucks or bakeries to pick up something special.
- Go to a local concert or comedy show: For a good night of entertainment, you can go support your local band or comedian by going to one of their shows while you sip on your favorite drinks.
- Sing together at a karaoke bar: You already sing your song in the car together so why not sing it in front of a group of strangers? Just find your nearest karaoke bar to determine who is the better singer as you perform “your” song.
- Have a game night: If you want to bring out your competitive spirit, play your favorite board game to determine who has to pay for the next date night.
- Go stargazing: Hop in the car, get away from the city lights and look at the stars. It may be chilly, so don’t forget to bring a blanket and some hot chocolate to keep you warm.
- Make dinner together: If you don’t want to shell out big bucks for a fancy dinner out, create a romantic restaurant at home! Make a day of it by popping in at a farmer’s market or going grocery shopping together for all the ingredients.
- Spend the day at the museum: Many museums across the country offer free admission, or a small donation fee. Take in the arts without spending too much.
- Take a romantic walk: Get outside and find a new trail to hike, or take a romantic walk around your neighborhood.
- Have a movie night: Instead of paying for a ticket and snacks at your local movie theatre, host an in-home movie night for half the price! Bonus: You won’t have to sneak kisses in the back row.
- Recreate your first date: Looking for something unique and romantic to do? Take a walk down memory lane and recreate your first date.
- Have a picnic outside: Find a scenic spot to have a mid-day picnic or an overlook to watch the sun go down!
- Take a dance class: This is a chance to learn something new together and reboot your romance. Sophisticated couples might enjoy the waltz or tango, while more casual couples might appreciate swing or hip-hop. Check local dance studios or Groupon for a low-cost single class.
- Become a local tourist: Spend the day discovering your city and visiting local landmarks. If you avoid the tourist traps, this can be a very inexpensive day date.
- Go ice-skating: Depending on where you live, you might be able to ice skate on a frozen natural lake for free. Bring a thermos of hot chocolate to keep toasty and warm! If the weather in your area isn’t suitable for outdoor skating, you can search for discounts and deals at a local ice-skating rink.
- Host a scavenger hunt: This one requires a little advance planning, but will add some adventure to your Valentine’s Day! Create a scavenger hunt with riddles your beloved must answer to reach the next clue.
- Eat out earlier: Going out for breakfast is much less expensive than paying for dinner. After all, the real focus of a date should be time you spend together, not what you eat. If you can’t make it out early, you could opt for just desserts or cocktails and eat at home.
- Hit up the arcade: A little healthy competition can be a good thing, and challenging your Valentine to the highest score at Pac Man is a fun and budget-friendly way to spend an evening.
- Perform acts of service: You could create coupons or just make sure your date doesn’t have to lift a finger the entire day by making dinner, doing the dishes, and fixing drinks.
- Tour a local brewery or winery: The price of a tour admission is much less than paying for cocktails at a bar, plus you’ll gain insider knowledge on craft beers or fancy wines.
Free Valentine’s Day Printables
Looking for more fun, free ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day? Check out our free V-Day printables!
20 Printable Conversation Starters
Use these fun conversation starters to kick-off a romantic date night. Download full list of printable conversations starters here.
12 Printable Valentine’s Day Tags
Pass out these cards out as standard valentines (think a classroom or the office), or attach them to a gift such as a goodie bag, chocolate bar or other small trinket! Download all twelve tags here.
Valentine’s Day is around the corner and you should start preparing a special day for you and your significant other. You don’t have to spend much to make Valentine’s Day special. Try out one of our cheap date options, download the printables, or use these 1800Flowers.com coupons to make this Valentine’s Day more memorable.