53 Ways to Get a Free Workout
August 1, 2019
Sometimes we need a little push to get ourselves into fitness. A gym or structured workout can be just the thing, but those can also be pretty expensive. With the average gym membership costing nearly $700 every year, a fitness club could be out of the question, financially.
Fortunately, there are numerous fitness classes, trial gym memberships, free fitness apps, and even online workouts available. Each one has its strengths and weaknesses, with some possibly being a better fit for you than others. To get you started on your fitness journey, we’ve collected 53 different sources of free fitness spanning several categories. Feel free to read our guide or jump to the infographic below to learn the best ways to workout for free!
Free Fitness Classes
If you’re looking to get your sweat on with a group of fitness friends, free classes can be just the thing for you. If you’re new to fitness and need some gear, snag some extra savings with BodyBuilding.com coupons.
- 9Round: Similar to CKO Kickboxing, 9Round offers a kickboxing-focused fitness program that’s broken into 30-minute sessions. You can try your first class for free to see if this incredibly physical program is for you. Be prepared for your workouts with this Kaged Muscle Micropure WheyProtein, too!
- CKO Kickboxing: For those of you wanting to kick some fitness rump, CKO Kickboxing offers one free class to all new members. Get in shape while kicking and punching your way to a fitter you. Power up after your workout with some Premier Whey Protein Powder as well.
- ClassPass: ClassPass allows you to pay a monthly fee and take classes at numerous gyms without worrying about membership. With their trial you can take as many as four classes in 14 days. To get even more value, check out these ClassPass coupons.
- CorePower Yoga: Unlike traditional yoga, CorePower combines the intensity of a workout with the control that comes with yoga. Enjoy a full week at your local CorePower Yoga studio with their special offer.
- Crunch: Crunch brings the motivation of a group workout to the full gym experience. Give them a try for three days with their free trial, and see if you find their group-oriented experience the right fit for you.
- F45: F45 studios offer an intense, circuit-based training experience that will push you to the limit. While it can vary by location, many F45 gyms will offer up to one week for free to see if you like it.
- Orangetheory: Orangetheory offers a free session to all new members, letting them experience an organized workout that goes beyond a traditional gym workout. This is perfect for those wanting a workout with the comfort of a group.
- UFC Gym: If you’re looking for an intense, performance-oriented workout, UFC Gym is the spot. Every UFC Gym offers a free session, letting you see if this intense experience is right for you.
- XSport Fitness: Enjoy a seven-day trial to XSport Fitness, where you can get the traditional gym experience with 24/7 access to their facilities. You can also use that time to take organized fitness classes to get a feel for their group offerings.
Places with Trial Gym Memberships
If you’re not into group workouts and want a more personal experience, a trial gym membership could be just what you need to reach your fitness goals. To make sure you get the most out of your time at the gym, make sure you’re getting your protein with these MyProtein coupons.
- 24 Hour Fitness: For you night owls, 24 Hour Fitness is a great option. Use their three-day trial to check out their facility, try out a class or two, and see if their 24/7 experience is right for your schedule. If you like what you see, get more bang for your buck with these 24 Hour Fitness coupons!
- Anytime Fitness: Anytime Fitness offers 24/7 gyms with a wide variety of equipment, access to trainers and group classes. With their trial you get seven days of access to any of their thousands of gyms. To make your experience even better, be sure to save on these Premium Collagen Peptides!
- Blink Fitness: Blink Fitness prides themselves on offering a no-judgement, body-friendly experience for all looking to get fit. If you’re not a regular gym goer and want to get your feet wet, Blink Fitness has a one-day trial that might be perfect for you.
- Genesis Health Club: If you want a well-rounded fitness experience, Genesis Health Club’s seven-day trial could be the ticket. These gyms offer a wide variety of cardio, strength, and general fitness classes and equipment, as well as personal trainers.
- Gold’s Gym: When it comes to gyms, Gold’s Gym is a household name. This old school gym offers a day pass for any of their locations, giving you time to try out their classes, check out their equipment and see if their pure gym experience is right for you.
- LA Fitness: The famous LA Fitness offers a five-day pass at each of their locations, giving you the chance to check out their full-service gyms. If you’re looking for a traditional gym, this is another one to check out before settling. For the best workout, make sure you’re taking advantage of this N.O.-XPLODE Pre-Workout fruit juice!
- Life Time Fitness: Life Time Fitness is the Rolls-Royce of gyms, with massive facilities that feature classes, tons of equipment and even spas. Find a location near you and check out their free one-day pass.
- Planet Fitness: Another gym that emphasizes a judgement-free zone is Planet Fitness. This gym offers affordable memberships, numerous locations and a wide variety of service offerings. Try out their one-day pass to see if it’s for you.
Free Online Fitness Trials
Maybe you’re just not crazy about gyms. Or, maybe your schedule doesn’t afford you the chance to get to one. Whatever your reason, online fitness could be just what you need in your life. Here are some trials to paid online fitness courses.
- Barre3: If you’re looking for something low impact but powerful, Barre3 gives you a graceful workout routine. Try their unique mixture of dance and fitness for 15 days, no questions asked.
- Beachbody: The famous Beachbody offers hundreds of workouts online, all available for streaming from your home. Give their tried-and-true workouts a go with a seven-day trial, and grab these LETSCOM wireless sport earphones so you can jam to your favorite toons while you’re at it!
- Crunch Live: If you’re not wanting Crunch’s gym experience, maybe their online offering of 85+ workouts is what you’re looking for. Try out any number of their workouts with their free 10-day trial.
- Daily Burn: Doing the same workout routine every single day can grow tiring. If you want to mix it up, try out Daily Burn for 30 days and see if their new routine every single day is right for you.
- Fitbod: Unlike a traditional online workout, Fitbod guides you through your own fitness process as you workout at home or in the gym. Their app recommends workouts that are based on your own fitness goals, and can be given a test run for 30 days.
- Hip Shake Fitness: Does the thought of dancing your way through fitness sound like fun? Hip Shake Fitness offers a 15-day trial of their unique dance-oriented fitness program.
- Les Mills: If you want a fitness experience unlike any other, Les Mills is for you. This science-based, music-focused workout series offers more than 800 workouts available anytime online. Give their 10-day trial a go and see if you’re feeling their rhythm.
- Obé : Whether you’re a fitness guru or just starting out, obé can be your workout buddy with more than 1,000 on-demand courses. Give their wide variety of workouts a try with their seven-day trial.
- Pure Barre On Demand: Pure Barre combines the grace of ballet and dance with the benefits of traditional exercise. Try out this popular workout style for seven days with Pure Barre On Demand.
- Sweatflix: If you want a variety of workouts, Sweatflix has you covered. Give their service a go with a free month and check out their number of strength, cardio and other fitness programs all based on 12-minute sessions.
- The Bar Method: The Bar Method unites dance and fitness to give you a graceful fitness regiment. With their 14-day trial you can see if this elegant workout is for you.
- The Gym Box: The Gym Box gives you a variety of daily classes that target various fitness areas. Try their class-based service for 14 days and check out any number of their courses, and be sure to get your very ownIron Gym workout bar so you can make the most of your routines.
- Tracy Anderson Online Studio: Tracy Anderson is famous for her science-based approach to fitness. Give her intense workouts a try for 14 days with a free trial to see if her approach is right for you.
- Workout Anywhere: Craving a more personal experience but live a busy life? Workout Anywhere gives you 30 days to check out their digital classes, get support, and make your way toward a fitter you.
Free Online Workouts
Wanting to workout from home without any fear of a trial ending? Free online workouts are here to save the day, and your fitness plans. While you’re at it, save on select vitamins and supplements with Swanson coupons.
- Athlean-X: For those of you craving a more intense, athlete-focused experience, Athlean-X has you covered (likely in sweat.). Get pumped and learn about your body along the way. For an even better DIY experience, snag one of these AmazonBasics weight benches, too!
- Blogilates: Do you miss the days of pilates classes? Blogilates takes pilates and makes it entertaining, quick and even more effective. Her channel offers a ton of fitness tips and nutritional help as well, making it a great one-stop shop. You can also check out Cathleen Murakami’smorning pilate workouts if that’s more your speed.
- BodyFit by Amy: Find workouts that fit your schedule with sessions ranging from 10 minutes to 45. BodyFit by Amy offers a little something for everyone!
- Do Yoga With Me: As the name implies, Do Yoga With Me is your yoga destination. Whether you’re just getting warmed up or a total yogi, you can find a routine that suits your skill level here. While you’re at it, enhance your at-home workouts with your very own BalanceFrom GoYoga mat to make your routines as comfortable as possible!
- Fitness Blender: Pick from more than 500 videos, each offering something different. Fitness Blender still releases a new video every week, too, so you won’t have to worry about running out of exercises. If you’re looking for equipment to use at home, check out these Letsfit resistance loop bands!
- Jessica Smith: Fitness extraordinaire Jessica Smith has a ton of free workouts available on her site, ranging from quick 10-minute workouts to lengthy ab sessions.
- Make Your Body Work: While Dave Smith offers a full variety of services, he also has a number of free videos that can give you a full body workout.
- Popsugar Fitness: Pick any one out of the hundreds of videos available from Popsugar Fitness and you’re in for a fun and effective workout. Many of their workouts require no equipment, making them great for beginners.
- Spark People: If you’re pressed for time and looking to stay active, Spark People has you covered. With numerous videos at 10 minutes or less, Spark People offer a number of workouts that are perfect for a busy schedule.
- Sweaty Betty: Beyond having a fun name, Sweaty Betty offers a ton of great workout videos. Whether you want an intense workout or something a little more relaxed, you can find one to suit your taste here. To supplement your workout, invest in a fitness deck so you can do workouts without a gym membership.
- Tone It Up: The talented women behind Tone It Up provide a variety of fitness videos, meditation tips and even some diet and skin advice. Get a full body makeover with Tone It Up.
Free Fitness Apps
Sometimes we just need a little helper to keep us moving forward. Fitness apps can be a great way to supplement your workout efforts. While some of the following apps include paid options or subscriptions, they can all be downloaded and tested out for free. Here are some of our favorites.
- C25k: The C25K app guides you over the course of eight weeks, helping you ramp up for your first 5k run. For beginner runners or rusty marathon goers, this app is perfect.
- Daily Yoga: Get a fresh session of yoga every single day with Daily Yoga. With more than 100 meditation and yoga sessions, you have access to a ton of yogi goodness.
- Fitness Point: With this app you can receive guided tutorials for exercises, workout plans and even log your entire workout.
- Fitocracy: For those needing a little extra motivation, Fitocracy is just the thing. Get workout tips, nutritional advice and support from your own coach.
- Johnson & Johnson 7-Minute Workout: Find time for a workout in even the busiest day with the acclaimed Johnson & Johnson 7-Minute Workout.
- MyFitnessPal: This app, made by Under Armour, is a great way to track every aspect of your nutrition. Get meal planning tips, track calories gained and lost, and more. While you’re at it, save on some gear with these Under Armour coupons.
- Nike Training Club: Get fitness and nutrition tips from one of the oldest names in fitness with the Nike Training Club. Start your workout with some new gear using these Nike coupons.
- Noom: If you’re new to fitness and healthy living, Noom is a great starting point. Get workout suggestions, meal planning tips, and more after filling out a lifestyle questionnaire. To log your progress, be sure to snag a fitness journal, too.
- Runtastic: Track every step and calorie burned with Runtastic, a helpful community-based app that’s all about supporting your healthier life.
- Strava: Do you like running and cycling? A lot? Strava will track every step, calorie, and mile to help you stay on top of your game.
- Yoga Wake Up: Start every day with a peaceful, calming session of yoga instead of your jarring alarm.
Don’t Sweat It: Free Fitness
Self-improvement and fitness don’t have to come with a hefty price tag. This list just barely scratched the surface. If you find you’re wanting something more or something different, don’t get discouraged. There are countless free options for those looking to get fit!
To help take a little weight off your shoulders, the following infographic features some of our favorites from this list with tips on how to use them. It’s time to get your sweat on!
To help your body keep up with your motivation, score some vitamins and supplements with these VitaCost coupons.